– All courts will need to be booked before arriving at the courts (see below for booking procedure)
– The only access to the facility will be on the West side via the green space. We ask that all members arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before their court times and wait outside of the west gate until the attendant lets them into the facility. All players are asked to vacate the premises immediately after their court time ends. This is to give our attendant enough time to sanitize and maintain the courts before the next group arrives.
– Members must check in with the court attendant before proceeding to their court. This will confirm your booking and ensure the mandatory waiver is completed properly. (No waiver, no access).
– All members must use their own tennis balls. To pass back your partners tennis balls during play we ask that you use your feet or racquet to send them back, please do not use your hand to handle your partners set of tennis balls.
– There will be no access to the Club house. We ask that you use the washroom and change prior to arriving for your court time. Also, please bring your own water to ensure you are staying hydrated.
– One washroom in the clubhouse will be available if NEEDED, but sanitization controls will be enforced and usage is discouraged. Please see court attendant if you need to use the clubhouse.
Court Usage Rule
All courts are booked for one hour. When the time limit is up, players may book again if there are open courts available.
The Elbow Park Tennis Club has a dress code that requires proper tennis attire. White or coloured tennis clothing is acceptable.
- Proper tennis attire for men includes: tennis shirt or t-shirt. Tank tops & cutoffs, etc. are NOT proper attire. Please ensure that you wear proper tennis attire when playing on the courts.
- Proper tennis attire for women includes: shorts, shirts, t- shirts, dresses, skirts. Swimsuit tops, cutoffs, etc. are NOT proper attire. Please ensure that you wear proper tennis attire when playing on the courts.
- Proper tennis shoes MUST be worn on the clay courts. No jogging shoes, please. The Har-Tru surface is sensitive to corrugations, deep ridges, etc. If you are unsure, please speak to the managers.
- It is your responsibility to inform your guests of all the rules, especially the dress code. If guests are not properly attired or not wearing suitable footwear, they will not be allowed to play. A proper dress code keeps with Elbow Park Tennis Club’s long-standing tradition and will be strictly enforced.
A proper dress code keeps with Elbow Park Tennis Club’s long-standing tradition and will be strictly enforced.
- Please wait for the point in play to end before walking behind any of the courts.
- If you are returning a ball to another court, please make sure they are aware before you hit it. This is both courteous and safe.
- If your ball rolls on to another court, please wait for them to return it (after their point has ended).
- Please complete games already in play before joining a pre-arranged match.
- Seasoned members: please encourage new members to join your games (you were once a new member too).
- Please abide by the NEW and IMPROVED Court Board Rules. This ensures maximum court time for everyone.
- The club has NO child supervision facilities and cannot be responsible for your children while you play tennis. Therefore, please ensure that your children are supervised at all times.
These rules are meant to make everyone’s time at the ELBOW TENNIS PARK CLUB as enjoyable as possible. Thank you for observing them.